What is travel insurance for ?
Travel insurance is for everyone when staying abroad. There are several types of travel insurance covering you regardless of the purpose of your stay abroad: studies, business travel, expatriation, tourism, pvt.
What is travel insurance?
Travel insurance is a non-compulsory contract that allows the policyholder to cover himself against incidents that may occur before and during the trip. The decision to take out a travel insurance policy is the best thing to do, in order to benefit from compensation in the event of an unexpected situation
Nevertheless, it is compulsory to enter Algeria, China, Cuba and Russia. Moreover, depending on the country you are travelling to, the risks involved are greater. For example, in Australia or the USA, where health care costs are among the highest in the world.
How do I buy travel insurance?
Before you buy travel insurance, you should first consider your needs by asking yourself the following questions:
– Where are you going? What is the level of risk?
– How long will you be staying?
– What are the conditions under which you are travelling (simple trip, business trip, etc.)?
What does travel insurance cover?
Travel insurance covers the following
- Medical expenses
- Civil liability for damage caused to a third party
- Compensation in case of loss of your luggage
- Assistance and repatriation in case of problems during a trip
In order to choose the most comprehensive travel insurance, you should compare to find the one that suits you best in terms of coverage:
- The maximum limits for medical expenses
- Compensation procedures, claims reporting, availability of the assistance number (companies available 24/7 should be preferred)
- The steps to be taken in the event of hospitalisation
- The possibility of choosing a doctor and/or hospital
- Whether or not you need to obtain your insurer’s agreement before incurring expenses or advancing the costs
- The countries covered
- Exclusions and limits of cover.
Find out more about our travel insurance policies.
Remember that there is no such thing as zero risk and that taking out travel insurance gives you peace of mind!