Are some countries excluded from Mondassur insurance ?
We recommend the insurance contract adapted to your destination country.
Our insurance covers you all over the world but depending on the geographical area or purpose of the stay, it is important to check your coverage.
If you are going on a trip or on a mission to a country other than the one for which you have taken out your insurance, you may not be insured if it is a country with an unstable political climate.
It is strongly advised when you go to countries at risk to ask us about the suitable contract.
What are the exclusions of coverage in an insurance contract?
Before you purchase health insurance, be sure to read the policy exclusions in the policy’s terms and conditions. Insurance exclusions mean that certain treatments are excluded. One of the most common exclusions for international health insurance is pre-existing conditions.
All insurance companies have exclusions. Companies offering international health insurance are not required to cover medical history and may also refuse to cover a person if the risk of serious illness during their policy is high.
General exclusions apply to almost all policies. They include:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Voluntary self-injury
- Cosmetic surgery not resulting from an accident or illness. These are not covered and are the decision of the insured.
- Sleep, weight loss, rejuvenation and detoxification cures…
- Extreme and dangerous sports
- Care in institutions, such as thalassotherapy establishments, retirement homes or hospitalization in medium or long stay centers
- Alcohol, medication and drug abuse
- War or terrorism
The exclusion of epidemic risks is also a classic insurance exclusion. However, the Covid-19 crisis has shown us that exceptions are possible, as many insurers cover Covid-related care.