Working Holiday Visa (WHV) in New Zealand is an agreement to promote exchanges between these two countries. The French, Canadian and Belgian citizens can make their visa for a period of 12 months, renewable three months under some conditions. The cost of the visa is NZ $ 208, with a lead-time of about a week.
The conditions for application:
• Have a valid passport for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
• Be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old (and 35 years old for Canadian)
• Have health insurance, for medical and hospital costs and repatriation for the length of your stay.
• To submit a General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007) PDF and/or Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096) PDF.
• Have at least NZ $ 4,200 (about € 2,500 for European and CA $ 3,800 for Canadian) available funds
• Hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
• Not have been approved a visa under a Working Holiday Scheme before.
• Not bring children with you
• Moving to New Zealand 90 days after obtaining the visa.
• If you are on spot, you can request a WHP but you must hold a valid temporary visa
Good to know !
New Zealand has no WHP quota
The demand for WHP Visa is done only online, no application foms will be accepted at the Embassy of New Zealand in Paris.
The necessary documents for the composition of your file :
Passport: photocopy of passport whose must be valid for 3 months from the date you subscribe.
Form: fill here
International health insurance: Justify you have an international insurance covers medical costs, hospital expenses and repatriation for the duration of your stay.
Valid Medical certificate of less than three months.
Return airline ticket or justify you have enough resources to buy it.
Certificate of bank funds, justifying that you have at least €2 500 euros or ZNG $ 24,200.
1. Complete the application form to working holiday program
The form on the government website:
then select the button "working holiday visa"
2. The additional parts required to file
- The WHP application form New Zealand completed
- Supporting documents
- Your (non-refundable) deposit of NZ $ 208 or about € 125 or CAN $ 104
You can renew your WHP once for a period of 3 months. You had to worked at least 3 months in viticulture or horticulture. Be careful ! The request is not online but at the Immigration Office of New Zealand. You must provide these following documents:
- Sumit the SSE / WHE (INZ 1153) in PDF format.
- Pay the costs of sampling and immigration taxes. You can calculate online the expenses.
- Attach proof of your employment in the wine industry or horticulture with a letter from your employer and paychecks.
- Provide proof that you have a return ticket, or at least enough money to buy one.
- Send the application to the Directorate of Immigration New Zealand.
For more information
• Immigration New Zealand : Working Holiday in New Zealand
19, rue des Longs Prés
92100 Boulogne - FRANCE
Our opening hours are from 9:00 to 18:00 Central Europe Time from Monday to Friday to contact our consultants. Our medical platforms are reachable 24/24 and 365 days a year..
Do you have questions on your insurance plan, you would like to purchase a travel insurance or receive a quote for an expat insurance ? Please send us an email ; we will answer you within 24h00 business days.
WE ARE PLEASED TO HELP YOU