Mondassur, travel insurance
& expat insurance expert
+33 1 80 87 57 80

To settle in Vietnam, you will need a valid visa or a stay permit.

vietnam mondassur

Since January 1st of 2015, there are more than 20 types of visa to travel or settle in Vietnam. The visa duration may reach up to 3 to 5 years according to your situation.
To apply for a resident permit, you can turn to immigration offices or to intermediaries such as travel agencies or lawyers.

Warning: if you move to Vietnam for professional purpose, you need to acquire a work permit before arriving in Vietnam and getting a work visa.

The different types of visa for expats:

• Work visa:

LD, DN: To get this one, you must have an employment contract signed with a company in Vietnam. This visa allows foreign employees to stay in in the country for a maximum of 2 years.
DT: This one is made for foreign lawyers and investors, for a maximum stay of 5 years.

• Student visa:

Visa DH: valid for one year.

• Resident card: To get this permit, you either need to open your own company, to have an employment contract in Vietnam, or to have a relative having this permit. It is valid for 5 years and can be used as an ID card (in supplement to passport).

TT visa for relatives of workers, investors or lawyers in Vietnam. It is made for spouses and children under 18 years old of a LD or DT visa holder.

• Retirement visa: there is no official visa for people who would like to live in Vietnam without a job contract, a real estate investment or a relative living in Vietnam.

• Visa exemption or miễn thị thực: it is made for children or spouses of Vietnamese citizens. This visa exemption is valid for 5 years.

Contact Details

Contact Us

+33 1 80 87 57 80
  WhatsApp : +33 7 66 54 12 12
Skype : Mondassur

19, rue des Longs Prés
92100 Boulogne - FRANCE

Our opening hours are from 9:00 to 18:00 Central Europe Time from Monday to Friday to contact our consultants. Our medical platforms are reachable 24/24 and 365 days a year..

Do you have questions on your insurance plan, you would like to purchase a travel insurance or receive a quote for an expat insurance ? Please send us an email ; we will answer you within 24h00 business days.