The Work Holiday Permit Visa (PVT) in Taiwan is an agreement signed between Belgium, France and Canada to promote trade between countries. It makes it easy to leave in Taiwan for up to 1 year. PVT insurance is required for health coverage and repatriation to Taiwan.
What are the conditions for applying?
- Have a valid French, Belgian or Canadian passport.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 for France, Belgium and 18 to 35 years for Canada at the time you apply.
- Have at least 2,500 euros or 2,500 Canadian dollars and be able to justify it.
- Not having already benefited from the holiday program working with Taiwan.
- Moving to Taiwan up to 90 days after obtaining visa
What documents are needed to build the file?
- Passport: Photocopy and original passport which must be valid for 15 months (for Belgians) and 12 months (for Canadians) after the date of issuance of the visa.
- Form to download from the website of the Taiwanese consulate.
- Taiwan PVT insurance: provide proof that your insurance covers medical and hospital expenses and repatriation during the stay.
- Excerpt from the criminal record translated into Chinese.
- Medical certificate less than three months old.
- Photocopy of the family booklet or copy of the birth certificate
- Round-trip airfare or proof that you have the resources to purchase it.
- Certification of bank funds, which justify that you own at least 2,500 euros or 2,500 $CAN via a bank statement, traveller’s check, bank certificate or a certificate established with the notary in case of cash.
- 2 Identity photos, recently less than six months old, in color and in 3.5 x 4.5 cm or 2-inch format.
There are 2 additional documents for Canadian nationals that are:
The Curriculum vitae
And a cover letter outlining your projects in Taiwan.
What are the application procedures?
1. Complete the form dedicated to the Taiwan Work Holiday Program
You can find the form on the Taiwanese government website
Then click the “working holidays/youth mobility) Visa Applications” button
Read the instructions carefully before filling out each field.
In the “Category” box, check the box “Visitor Visa”.
Please make backups on a regular basis
Please keep your “applicant number”
2. The additional documents needed for the PVT file
- Taiwan PVT application form printed, completed and signed
- The supporting documents and documents cited
- Your non-refundable settlement of NT$3200 or approximately €74 or C$104
3. Send your file for PVT Taiwan
France: Your file must be filed personally with the consular service of the Taipei Representation Office in France
78 University Street
Belgium: Your file should be given in person at:
Taipei Representative Office in the EU and Belgium
Regent Boulevard 40
Canada: Your file must be provided in person for Ottawa, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador at:
For the other provinces of Vancouver (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut) you do not have to give it in person.
TECO in Vancouver
650 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 4N7
For the provinces of Toronto, your file must be provided in person at:
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, Toronto
151 Yonge Street
Canada M5C 2W7