WHV New Zealand – Insurance

The Working Holiday Permit Visa (WHV) in New Zealand is an agreement signed to promote trade between the two countries. French, Canadian and Belgian nationals can apply for a visa for a period of 12 months renewable 3 months under certain conditions. The cost of the visa is NZ$208, with a delay of about one week.


The conditions for applying

  • Have a passport valid for at least 3 months after your return.
  • Be 18 to 30 years old (35 years for Canadians)
  • Have health insurance to cover hospital costs and repatriation for the duration of the stay
  • Have at least NZ$4200 (about €2,500 for Europeans and C$3,800 for Canadians) and be able to justify it
  • Return ticket or proof that you can afford it.
  • Not having already benefited from the working holiday program in New Zealand
  • Not being accompanied by a dependant
  • Movingto New Zealand for up to 90 days after obtaining a VISA
  • If you are already there you can apply for a PVT provided you have a temporary visa

Good to know!

New Zealand does not have a PVT quota
The PVT Visa application is only online, no application will be accepted at the New Zealand Embassy in Paris.

The documents needed to build the file

  • Passport: a photocopy of the passport, valid for 3 months after the visa date
  • Form: Fill out and attach the print out of the form to the file.
  • International health insurance: provide proof that your insurance covers medical and hospital expenses and repatriation during the stay
  • Medical certificate less than three months old
  • Round-trip airfareor proof that you have the resources to purchase it
  • Bank fund certificate,which justifies that you own at least NZ$4200 (approximately €2,500 for Europeans and C$3800 for Canadians)

Application procedures

1. Complete the form dedicated to the New Zealand Work Holiday Program

The form can be accessed on the government’s website:
Then select on the “working holiday visa” button

2. The additional documents needed in the file

  • New Zealand PVT application form completed
  • The supporting documents and documents cited
  • Your non-refundable settlement of NZ$208 or about €125 or C$104

3. Renewal

It is possible to renew your PVT visa once for a period of 3 months. For this you must have worked at least 3 months in viticulture or horticulture. This time the application is not made online but at the New Zealand Immigration Office. You must also provide the following documents:

  • Complete the SSE/WHE work visa application (INZ 1153) in PDF format
  • Pay the levy fees and taxes of immigration. You can calculate the fees online
  • Attach proof of your employment in the wine or horticultural industry with a letter from your employer and payslip
  • Provide proof that you have a return ticket, or at least sufficient funds to buy a ticket
  • Send the application to the nearest New Zealand Immigration Directorate

We work with the world largest insurers

Mondial assistance
Mutuaide assistance

Une question ?

Cliquez sur le contact ci-dessous pour discuter sur WhatsApp