The Working Holiday Permit Visa (WHV) in New Zealand is an agreement signed to promote trade between the two countries. French, Canadian and Belgian nationals can apply for a visa for a period of 12 months renewable 3 months under certain conditions. The cost of the visa is NZ$208, with a delay of about one week.
The conditions for applying
- Have a passport valid for at least 3 months after your return.
- Be 18 to 30 years old (35 years for Canadians)
- Have health insurance to cover hospital costs and repatriation for the duration of the stay
- Have at least NZ$4200 (about €2,500 for Europeans and C$3,800 for Canadians) and be able to justify it
- Return ticket or proof that you can afford it.
- Not having already benefited from the working holiday program in New Zealand
- Not being accompanied by a dependant
- Movingto New Zealand for up to 90 days after obtaining a VISA
- If you are already there you can apply for a PVT provided you have a temporary visa
Good to know!
New Zealand does not have a PVT quota
The PVT Visa application is only online, no application will be accepted at the New Zealand Embassy in Paris.
The documents needed to build the file
- Passport: a photocopy of the passport, valid for 3 months after the visa date
- Form: Fill out and attach the print out of the form to the file.
- International health insurance: provide proof that your insurance covers medical and hospital expenses and repatriation during the stay
- Medical certificate less than three months old
- Round-trip airfareor proof that you have the resources to purchase it
- Bank fund certificate,which justifies that you own at least NZ$4200 (approximately €2,500 for Europeans and C$3800 for Canadians)
1. Complete the form dedicated to the New Zealand Work Holiday Program
The form can be accessed on the government’s website:
Then select on the “working holiday visa” button
2. The additional documents needed in the file
- New Zealand PVT application form completed
- The supporting documents and documents cited
- Your non-refundable settlement of NZ$208 or about €125 or C$104
It is possible to renew your PVT visa once for a period of 3 months. For this you must have worked at least 3 months in viticulture or horticulture. This time the application is not made online but at the New Zealand Immigration Office. You must also provide the following documents:
- Complete the SSE/WHE work visa application (INZ 1153) in PDF format
- Pay the levy fees and taxes of immigration. You can calculate the fees online
- Attach proof of your employment in the wine or horticultural industry with a letter from your employer and payslip
- Provide proof that you have a return ticket, or at least sufficient funds to buy a ticket
- Send the application to the nearest New Zealand Immigration Directorate