When travelling, you need to know how to speak directly to the people who cross the place in order to obtain valuable information and moments of life. But some information is not on the street, and it is sometimes difficult to keep in touch with your loved ones. Here is a selection of apps to download before you leave, proposed by our partners of the blog ScenariMages who use them regularly.
- The application of your bank: access to accounts, transfers, statement of ceilings… Ideal to be able to control your budget in near real time, and so important when traveling.
- Google Drive: Store scans of important documents to make sure you never lose them: passports, insurance certificates, etc. (storage space up to 15GB)
- Maps.me: A must for our friends at ScenariMages. The app offers customizable offline cards with pins and notes. But above all, don’t forget to download the map before you’re in the country, it’s always when you arrive that you need it the most!
- GoogleMaps: in addition to Maps.me, online maps this time that require internet access. GoogleMaps syncs with computer favorites.
- FetchMyWay: offers itineraries and means of transport available with the price and duration of the trip.
- Whatsapp: essential for sending text messages, photos, video and calling for free wifi. Ideal to keep in touch easily, on a daily basis, with your loved ones.
- Skype: the reference for video conferencing calls, when text messages are not enough.
- Google Translate: online translation possible, just download the languages you need. Be careful though, translations are sometimes… approximate or too literal! But perfect for words for example. Note that some samrtphones have the option of accessing the photo translation service. You take a picture of a text and the translation is done automatically.
Other travel apps
- Travel advice: This application is linked directly to the Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Via country sheets,it provides information on security, obtaining visas, and other useful information before arrival.
This list of travel applications is of course non-exhaustive and many alternatives exist. It’s up to you to choose the travel apps that you think are most useful!