The Working Holiday Permit Visa (PVT) in Singapore is an agreement signed between France and Singapore to promote trade between the two countries. This Singapore PVT does not apply to Belgium and Canada. French nationals will be able to apply for a non-renewable period of 6 months. The cost of the Visa is $150 ($30 for multiple admission) that you will have to pay at the time of the visa acquisition. The waiting time is about 3 weeks.
Good to know!
The Singaporean government has a quota of 2000 WHP for all countries concerned (Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, England or the United States).
Under the Working Holiday Program, you are limited to certain types of work. However, PVT Singapore does not exempt you from complying with registration requirements in Singapore for professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, law, etc.
What are the conditions for applying?
- Have a valid French passport for the duration of your stay
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time you apply
- Have the necessary financial funds for the start of the stay
- Have PVT insurance to cover medical, hospital and repatriation expenses for the duration of the stay
- Be a student or graduate at a university in Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, England or USA
- The university must be recognized by the government of the nine respective countries, among the top 200 for academic performance in the following rankings:
– Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings
– Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities
– Times Higher Education World University Rankings
For students: be a full-time resident or student at the university for at least 3 months prior to the PvT application
For graduates: being a full-time resident or student at the university
Not having already benefited from the working holiday programme in Singapore
Moving to Singapore for up to 90 days after obtaining the VISA
What documents are needed to build the file?
- Passport: Photocopy valid for 6 months after visa date
- Photocopy of student card
- Form: download here
- A letter in English from your university with your name, date of birth, nationality, gender and student number
- International health insurance: provide proof that your insurance covers medical and hospital expenses and repatriation for the duration of your stay
- Certificate of bank funds or declaration on honour justifying the financial funds necessary for the stay
- Proof of round-trip airfare (not exceeding the duration of the PVT visa)
- For students: a photocopy of your student card
- For graduates: a photocopy of your diploma or transcript that proves you have graduated
Documents must be provided in English. If this is not the case, you will then have to send a photocopy of the original with a translated version certified by the University.
Documents must be transferred to JPED format. 100kb for certification documents and 150kb for passport copying.
What are the application procedures?
1. Download and then complete the form dedicated to the Singapore Work Holiday Program
The form can be found on the Singaporean government website: http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-holiday-programme/apply-for-a-pass#submit-an-application
Click the “Work Holiday Pass application form” button to download the Word format.
2. Send your file for PVT Singapore
Send your file with the supporting documents listed above to the following address: email@example.com
It takes about 3 weeks to process the application. If your application is approved, you will get an “in-principle approval” (IPA) letter of approval by email.
The Working Holiday program is valid for 6 months, non-renewable. You must obtain the pass issued within 3 months of the date of the IAP letter.
3. Get Your Working Holiday Pass
Arriving in Singapore, you are entitled to a maximum of 3 months to register at the Employment Pass Services Centre.
20 Upper Circular Road, #04-01/02,
You must make an appointment on their website and bring the following documents:
- Card delivery authorization document completed in PDF format
- Supporting documents:
- Candidate’s passport with at least 2 blank pages
- Candidate Working Holday Pass Details
- Candidate’s residential address in Singapore
- A local address for card delivery
- Contact information of at least one recipient authorized to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details
- You may also need copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation/boarding pass (IMM27).
- Completed return form attached with the candidate’s letter of approval (IPA).
- Return ticket to show that the candidate will leave Singapore by the end of the 6-month validity.
4. Save your fingerprint and photo ID
You will receive a notification letter about 2 weeks later. Then check the notification letter to see if you need to enter your fingerprints and photo. In general, this procedure applies to first-time applicants or if registration took place more than 5 years ago.
To register, you should make an appointment to visit the EPSC. Employment Pass Services Centre. Registration must be done within 2 weeks of the notification letter.
Bring these documents for the appointment:
- Letter of appointment
- Notification letter
- The documents listed in the IPA letter
5. Receive the Pass Card
You will receive your Card Pass 4 days after checking the registration or document at the EPSC.
If you are not affected by the EPSC registration, you will also receive your Pass Card 4 days after checking your documents.
Recipients will receive an SMS or email with delivery details of at least 1 day before delivery.
If the delivery of the card fails:
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you will have to collect in person at the EPSC to retrieve your card. You will then have 3 days to retrieve it (without an appointment) with the documents below:
Candidate’s original passport
If it is an authorized person who recovers: you will need to complete this PDF form “Authorisation Form for Card Collection at EPSC”
For more information: