Permission to leave the country for your minor child

If your minor child intends to leave French territory for any reason, certain precautions should be taken:

  • Don’t forget to take out international travel insurance for your child.
  • Since 15 January 2017, a minor child who lives in France and travels abroad alone or without being accompanied by one of his parents must have an exit permit (AST). This is a form established and signed by a parent (or legal guardian). This provision, which was abolished in 2012, is now part of the Law to Prevent Radicalisation and the Fight against Terrorism and applies to all travel.
child-foreign insurance

Permission to leave a child of French or foreign parents living in France

If the child lives in France and his parents are either French or foreign, he will have to provide the following documents at the border:

  • Valid minor ID: ID card or passport possibly accompanied by a visa if the destination country requires it (check by looking at the country records of the site
  • Photocopy of the identity card or passport of the signatory parent – The title must have been valid or expired for less than 5 years
  • Original deer form 15646-01 signed by one of the parents with parental authority

For which countries is the AST compulsory?

This document is due regardless of the country visited: Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, England… regardless of the child’s destination. From the moment the minor crosses the French border, permission to leave the territory is required.

Who should sign the AST?

The signatory must be the custodian of parental authority. In the event of a divorce from the parents, if both parents have this quality, then it does not matter which of the two fills in and signs the document.
If a conflict exists and one of the parents objects to the child’s exit from the country, he may resort to an opposition procedure (OST) in case of emergency or a procedure for a ban on leaving the country (STIs).

Permission to leave a child living abroad

A French child who usually lives abroad and stays in France does not need to provide a certificate of exit from the country when he leaves France. On the other hand, he must present an identity card or a valid passport with a visa if the destination country requires it (to be checked by looking at the country cards of the site
A foreign child who lives abroad and who stays or transits through France also does not have to present a permit to leave the country. He must carry the identity and travel documents required by his destination country.

International travel insurance for your child

When your child travels to the Member States of the European Union, he remains covered by social security thanks to the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). On the other hand, in other countries, health costs can quickly rise, which is why Mondassur offers international travel insurance tailored to your child in order to cover the best medical costs in case of a glitch, without deductible set and up to 1,000 000 euros. In addition, we also provide direct payment in case of hospitalization, you will have no costs to advance. Repatriationassistance and civil liability are included in our contracts.

A specialist in travel and expatriate insurance for more than 18 years, Mondassur is committed to providing you with the most appropriate insurance for your situation and to answerall your questions thanks to a professional and multilingual team

We work with the world largest insurers

Mondial assistance
Mutuaide assistance

Une question ?

Cliquez sur le contact ci-dessous pour discuter sur WhatsApp