- get organized in the event of a medical emergency
- get your health care reimbursements
- contact our support platform
When should I go to the medical emergency?
Each medical situation does not necessarily require that you go to a medical emergency. It is also possible to go to a doctor’s office the next day for a consultation. Here are the cases which do not a priori require urgent medical intervention:
- sunburn or minor burns,
- insect bites without other clinical signs,
- minor cuts,
- colds, cough, sore throat,
- fever without convulsion for an adult,
On the other hand, it is essential to go to the emergency room – which can also in some countries be in a dedicated medical center – in these cases:
- loss of consciousness,
- signs of a heart attack or stroke including limb paralysis,
- major head injuries for example,
- continuous bleeding,
- animal bites which may require rapid injection against rabies,
- sudden and severe pain,
- breathing problems, poisoning,
- vomiting blood and if you feel that you need to seek medical help urgently.
- In the case of very young children, it is also important to anticipate certain emergencies such as repeated vomiting linked to breathing difficulties and the speed of development of pathologies at a young age
How to obtain hospital care?
If you need to see an emergency room and are not hospitalized, this is considered a medical consultation which may lead to medical examinations. If you need to be hospitalized, you must contact our assistance platform so that we can get in touch with the hospital where you are located to manage your care. You have the emergency number to contact on your insurance card.
Obtain an insurance certificate, your insurance card, the details of your insurance
You have access to your insured space online with your insured number and a password that you will have to define during your first connection. You can obtain an insurance certificate, your insurance card or consult the guarantees in your contract. You will find all our contact details there to contact us 24 hours a day.
Obtain your reimbursements for medical expenses
You can request compensation on your insured space for any treatment for less than € 500 by sending us the invoice and the medical prescription for your treatment. You can also ask us for support for hospitalization or prior agreement necessary for certain treatments such as dental prostheses, serial acts such as physiotherapy sessions.
How to contact Mondassur?
You have access to an assistance platform accessible 24 hours a day by telephone around the world for any emergency care. Your safety around the world for your peace of mind is our priority. During office hours, European continent hours, you can reach our advisers who can guide you on the best formula.