Whatever the reason you choose to travel to Honduras is, consider taking out travel or expat health insurance for you and your family. You will leave with peace of mind and can prevent financial, health, and legal risks that would arise unexpectedly. Guarantees for repatriation, hospitalization, civil liability and other emergency medical expenses are essential, regardless of your destination.
- Political regime: Parliamentary Republic
- Capital: Tegucigalpa
- Area: 112 4902 sq km
- Population: 9.265 million
- Spoken languages: Spanish
- Currency: Lempira
If you are a French national, you do not need a visa for a stay of less than 90 days. All you need is your passport, which is valid for at least six months.
French Embassy in Tegucigalpa
Colonia Palmira – 337 avenida Juan Lindo –
AP 3441 – Tegucigalpa
Tel:  236 68 00 / 236 55 83 / 236 64 32
Fax:  236 80 51 / 221 35 78
Honduran Embassy in Paris
8 Crevaux Street – 75116 Paris
Vaccines and Safety in Honduras
- Compulsory vaccines and certificates: No vaccine is required.
- Recommended vaccines and certificates: For adults, don’t forget vaccines for tetanus, polio, hepatitis A and B, typhoid, meningitis A and C and for at-risk groups: tuberculosis and rabies. For children, don’t forget the vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, tuberculosis, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis A and B, (long stay), meningitis A and C (long stay for 18-month-old travelers and older ), typhoid (long stay for 5-year-old travelers and older).
- Local diseases: In Honduras, the following diseases are common: Amibiase, spider bites, snakes, fish and scorpions, ascaris, dengue, Chagas disease (trypanosomiasis), hepatitis A and B, leishmaniasis, sexually transmitted diseases, meningitis, malaria, polio, rabies, AIDS, tetanus, tuberculosis, typhoid
Health insurance in Honduras
Why take international health insurance when traveling or residing in Honduras? Simply because health spending quickly reaches very high amounts abroad. On the other hand, health insurance is compulsory in Honduras in order to be covered in a public or private institution. In addition, the repatriation guarantee is an essential criterion. In the event of a serious accident it is sometimes necessary to carry out a medicalized repatriation to the nearest medical center or to the country of residence. Depending on where you are at the time of the accident, and depending on the medical prognosis, it may be necessary to charter a helicopter or a medicalized aircraft.
Mondassur supports you in your choice of international health insurance by helping you compare the different offers on the market. Depending on your profile, we will be able to offer you different travel, international student and expatriate insurance packages.