Chile is the longest country in the world with 4300 km bordered by the Pacific Ocean. It is a country contrasted thanks to the diversity of its inhabitants and its climate. Going to Chile? Here is our list of must-see places.
Before you leave, consider taking out Brazil travel insurance to cover all your risks.
When to go to Chile?
Chile’s great geographical diversity makes it possible to consider a stay at any season.
The must-see places to visit in Chile
- Santiago: Chile’s capital is rich in culture and enjoys a special atmosphere. We advise you to visit the Bellavista district known for its galleries and bars, the Chascona house-museum of the famous poet Pablo Neruda, and Le Cerro San Cristobal for a panoramic view of the city.
- Valparaiso: The city’s historic district is a Unesco World Heritage Site. Valparaiso will seduce you with its colorful houses and funiculars that allow you to have a beautiful view of the city.
- Atacama Desert: This desert is the driest in the world and covers nearly a third of Chile. It offers an experience unparalleled thanks to its vastness, contrasts, and exceptional biodiversity. Don’t miss the geysers del Tatio with their huge jets of water and white smoke
- The Futaleuf River or Rio Grande: Surrounded by dense forests and small villages, this river is considered one of the best rafting sites in the world.
- Capillas of Marmol: Or marble cathedral in French. It is a huge rock that has been shaped by water. You can visit the site by boat when the lake water is at its lowest level.
- Queulat National Park: Known for its raw nature, waterfalls, and glaciers. Queulat National Park is one of the most unspoiled places in Chile. Don’t miss the Ventisquero Colgante, this suspended glacier offers a magnificent spectacle.
- The island of Chiloé: The inhabitants of this island live in self-sufficiency. Their multi-coloured houses and small fishing boats offer a picturesque landscape.
- Easter Island: A 4-hour flight from the capital Santiago, this island is the most isolated in the world. It is known for its famous stone colossus, and attracts many archaeologists who come to discover its mysteries and the richness of its civilization.
- Torres del Paine National Park: Located between the Andes Mountains and the Patagonian steppe, this park is renowned for its magnificent mountains and glaciers. It is also one of the highest places in the world for trekking. Torres del PainePark takes its name from its three emblematic granite formations, it seduces tourists with its natural beauty and hotel infrastructure.
- Licancabur volcano: Positioned on the border of Chile and Bolivia, this huge stratovolcano dominates the region with its perfect cone. It offers stunning views of the frozen lake and lagoon verde. To climb to the top of The Licancabur, it is more prudent to go through the services of a specialized agency.
What travel insurance for Chile?
To avoid any unpleasant surprises during your trip, be sure to take out Chile travel insurance to cover the actual costs of your medical expenses at 100%. At Mondassur, we offer health insurance for Chile tailored to your needs and at the best price.