Whatever the reason you choose to travel to Russia, consider taking out travel or expat health insurance for you and your family. You will leave with peace of mind and can prevent financial, health, and legal risks that would arise unexpectedly. Guarantees for repatriation, hospitalization, civil liability and other emergency medical expenses are essential, regardless of your destination.
Political regime: Republic
Area: 721.5 sq km
Population: 5.612 million
Languages spoken: English, Chinese (mandarin), Malay, Tamil
Currency: Singapore dollar
French passport holders do not need a visa to travel to Singapore for stays of less than three months if they meet the following conditions: to be in possession of a valid passport more than six months after the date of entry to Singapore, have a confirmed return flight and have sufficient funds.
French Embassy in Singapore
101 – 103 Cluny Park Road – Singapore 259595
Tel:  68 80 78 00
Fax:  68 80 78 37
Singapore Embassy in Paris
12, Foch Avenue Square – 75116 Paris
Vaccines and Safety in Singapore
- Compulsory vaccines and certifications: No compulsory vaccine for travellers from Europe. The yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for travellers over one year of age from an endemic area. The HIV certificate is required to obtain a work permit. People who test positive for HIV or who have AIDS will be deported.
- Recommended vaccines and certifications: be up-to-date on the vaccine schedule at the DTP level, viral hepatitis A and B, whooping cough and for children on everything from rabies and measles. For an extended stay, it is a good time to vaccinate against Japanese encephalitis.
- Local diseases: There are no diseases to sign. As in Europe, certain precautions must be taken.
There is no problem in particular as Singapore is one of the most secure countries in the world, day or night. Singapore has the same health standards as the European Union. As a result, health risks are severely limited. However, it is important to adhere to basic hygiene standards.
Good hygiene in restaurants, markets and shops. Tap water is safe to drink. You can also drink bottled water, local or imported, from Australian and European brands. Water is safe to drink almost the entire territory.
Health insurance in Singapore
Why take international health insurance when traveling or living in Russia? Simply because health spending quickly reaches very high amounts abroad. On the other hand, health insurance is compulsory in Singapore in order to be covered in a public or private institution. In addition, the repatriation guarantee is an essential criterion. In the event of a serious accident it is sometimes necessary to carry out a medicalized repatriation to the nearest medical centre or to the country of residence. Depending on where you are at the time of the accident, and depending on the medical prognosis, it may be necessary to Charter a helicopter or a medicalized aircraft.
Mondassur supports you in your choice of international health insurance by helping you compare the different offers on the market. Depending on your profile, we will be able to offer you different travel,international student and expatriate insurance packages.
More travel advice for Singapore
- PVT Singapore – Insurance
- What visa do you need to work in Singapore?
- Why are expats no longer so welcome in Singapore?
- How do I find a job in Singapore?
- Top 4 best bakeries in Singapore
- Moving abroad: to Hong Kong or Singapore?
- Testimony of an expatriate in Singapore
- Testimony to understand the health system in Singapore
- Viviane Salin, creator of a bilingual school in Singapore