The USA is a country of contrasts, bordered by two oceans, which presents varied landscapes of remarkable beauty. In order to make the most of your trip, follow our checklist of must-see places not to be missed! Also, consider having travel insurance to leave with peace of mind. Indeed, good health coverage will allow you to avoid financial and legal complications in the event of an accident. Mondassur accompanies you in your choice of travel insurance and advises you on the various offers available on the market, to find the right formula for your situation and your needs. Once all the formalities are completed,you’re on board for the United States!
When to go to the United States?
To visit the United States, the best time is autumn or early spring. Autumn is the perfect time to enjoy the beautiful colours in New England. In the southern states, summer is hot and humid in most of the country. The Southern California coast is nice all year round, but if you want to enjoy the beach, it’s best to go between June and September.
Must-see places to visit in the United States
1. Times Square, New York City
Times Square is the vibrant heart of New York City, and is one of the most visited places in the USA. Events are held there regularly, so you are advised to visit the “What’s Happening in Times Square” page before your stay. Here are some annual events not to be missed:
– Love in Times Square in February. The Valentine’s Heart is installed in the square every year to celebrate the feast of lovers. On this occasion, many weddings are organized, but also requests for spontaneous engagement and renewals of vows.
– Taste of Times Square, early June. If you like food, this is the event for you. This festival links music and cuisine. It allows you to sample dishes from local restaurants as well as cuisine from around the world.
– Solstice in Times Square, the day of the summer solstice. Free yoga classes are offered throughout the day. This is to bring together the lovers of the sport and introduce it to the uninitiated.
2. Central Park, New York City
Discover the Central Park Zoo, its obelisk and lookout all year round, as well as the Shakespear Garden. Events take place throughout the year, but here are the most recurrent ones:
– Shakespear in the park, in August. Stock up on culture and entertainment with these free outdoor theatre productions.
– SummerStage, mid-September. For music lovers, it’s a good time to enjoy free outdoor concerts. All genres are represented.
– TCS New York City Marathon, November. It’s the city’s annual marathon, from Staten Island to Central Park.
– New York Road Runners Midnight Run, December 31. On the same model as the previous event, you will have the opportunity to spend a festive and sporting New Year’s Eve.
3. Union Station, Washington, D.C.
The Capitol is home to the United States Congress, the legislative branch that includes the Senate and the House of Representatives. Free 45-minute tours are organised Monday to Saturday from 8:40 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. The Capitol Information Center is open on the same days from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tours can be booked on-site or online on the Capitol website. It is also possible for visitors to attend a session of the Congress when these are taking place. The Capitol Gardens are also worth a moment’s stop.
4. Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas
This is the main boulevard in Las Vegas. It brings together many of the largest hotels and casinos on the planet. For lovers of excess, the four-storey boutique is spread over four floors and has its own 3D cinema room. On the same boulevard, you will find the Adventuredome, an indoor amusement park. For shoppers, head to the Fashion Show Mall, a shopping mall with fashion shows scheduled every weekend.
5. Grand Central Terminal, New York City
This New York railway station, built in 1871, is worth a visit for its architecture. She has appeared in many American films. They include: Superman (1978), Armageddon (1998), I Am a Legend (2007), Avengers (2012), The Passenger (2018). She also appeared in the first episode of the series Gossip Girl.
6. Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Buena Vista, Florida
7. Disneyland, Anaheim, California
The two Walt Disney parks no longer have to prove themselves. You will relive your childhood dreams and meet the characters who rocked your childhood. These parks are extremely famous for their size and the large number of possible attractions within them. Don’t miss the daily parade of your favorite heroes!
8. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
San Francisco’s most famous landmark, it was until 1964 the longest suspension bridge in the world. It offers stunning views of San Francisco Bay, especially during sunrises or sunsets. Its crossing on foot is free. For vehicles, the toll is $6 and barely covers the daily maintenance costs of the monument.
9. Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
This shopping centre, established in 1742, has many shops and restaurants, three historic markets and a promenade. It is part of the Boston National Historic Park and the Freedom Trail. In 2008, it was ranked the4th most visited tourist site in the United States.
10. Park, San Diego
Balboa Park is a natural and cultural park. It houses 17 museums covering history, technology and all kinds of arts. You’ll also find the San Diego Zoo, playgrounds, fountains, walks and plenty of entertainment for the whole family.
What travel insurance for the United States?
Of course you will want to live full of adventures during your stay in the USA and sometimes the precautions you take are not enough. In the event of an accident, the costs of health care and hospitalization can be very high. It is strongly advised to take out travel insurance that will cover you throughout your stay.
Mondassur helps you choose the right cover for your trip to the USA. We guarantee you insurance that will meet all your expectations and allow you to travel with peace of mind.