1. Times Square, New York City
Times Square is the pulsing heart of New York City, and certainly the most famous place in the world. Events are regularly held there. Therefore we advise you to visit the “What's Happening in Times Square”page before you arrive in New York City. Here are some annual events you should not miss:
- Love in Times Square in February. A Valentine Heart is installed on the square every year to celebrate lovers' day. On this occasion, many weddings are organized, but also spontaneous proposals and vow renewals.
- Taste of Times Square, in early June. If you like food, this is the event for you. This festival links music and cuisine. It allows you to taste the dishes of the neighborhood restaurants as well as food from all around the world.
- Solstice in Times Square, on the day of summer solstice. Free yoga classes are available all day. This intends to bring together yoga lovers and to get the uninitiated to discover this sport.
2. Central Park, New York City
Discover the Central Park Zoo, the obelisk, the gazebo, and the Shakespeare Garden all year around. Events take place throughout the year, but here are the most recurring ones:
- Shakespeare in the park, in August. Fill up on culture and entertainment with these free outdoor theatrical productions.
- SummerStage, in mid-September. For music lovers, it's the moment to enjoy free outdoor concerts. All music genres are represented.
- TCS New York City Marathon, in November. It's the annual marathon of the city, from Staten Island to Central Park.
- New York Road Runners Midnight Run, on December 31st. On the same model as the previous event, you will have the opportunity to spend a festive and sporty New Year's Eve.
3. United States Capitol, Washington, D.C.
The Capitol houses the Congress of the United States, body of the legislative power that includes the Senate and the House of Representatives. Free 45-minute tours are organized from Monday to Saturday from 08:40am to 3:20pm. The Capitol Information Center is open on the same days from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Visits can be booked on site or online on the Capitol website. It is also possible for visitors to attend a Congress session when it takes place. The Capitol Gardens also worth to stop by for a moment.
4. Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas
It is the main boulevard of Las Vegas. It’s the place for many of the largest hotels and casinos on the planet. For the brand lovers, the M&M's World store spans four floors and incorporates its own 3D movie theater. On the same boulevard, you will find the Adventuredome, an indoor amusement park. For fashion addicts, head for the Fashion Show Mall, a shopping center with fashion shows scheduled every weekend.
5. Grand Central Terminal, New York City
The New York railway station, built in 1871, is worth visiting for its architecture. It appeared in many American films. Among them are: Superman (1978), Armageddon (1998), I am a Legend (2007), Avengers (2012), The Passenger (2018). It also appears in the first episode of the Gossip Girl series.
6. Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Buena Vista, Florida
7. Disneyland, Anaheim, California
Everyone knows the Walt Disney parks, and the USA has more than enough of them to please you. There, you will relive your childhood dreams and meet the characters who rocked your childhood. These parks are extremely famous for their size and for the large number of attractions in them. Do not miss the daily parade of your favorite heroes!
8. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
San Francisco's most famous monument, it was until 1964 the longest suspension bridge in the world. It offers breathtaking views of San Francisco Bay, especially during sunrises or sunsets. Crossing is free for pedestrians. The $6 toll for vehicles barely covers the daily maintenance costs of the monument.
9. Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
This shopping center, created in 1742, houses numerous shops and restaurants, three historic markets and a promenade. It is part of the Boston National Historic Park and of the touristic Freedom Trail. In 2008, it was ranked 4th most visited tourist site in the United States.
10. Balboa Park, San Diego
Balboa Park is a nature and culture park. It houses 17 museums covering history, technology and all types of arts. You will also find there the San Diego Zoo, playgrounds, fountains, walks, and lots of activities for your family.
19, rue des Longs Prés
92100 Boulogne - FRANCE
Our opening hours are from 9:00 to 18:00 Central Europe Time from Monday to Friday to contact our consultants. Our medical platforms are reachable 24/24 and 365 days a year..
Do you have questions on your insurance plan, you would like to purchase a travel insurance or receive a quote for an expat insurance ? Please send us an email ; we will answer you within 24h00 business days.
WE ARE PLEASED TO HELP YOU